HTI Book Prize Guidelines
The award recognizes and rewards the best book written by a junior Latine scholar on theology and/or religion each year. The prize includes a $1,000 monetary award and a guest lectureship at the annual HTI Professional Development Conference at Princeton Theological Seminary. Its immediate and long-term goals are to:
- Present models that will inspire further contributions by Latine scholars.
- Help leverage tenure for the junior scholars.
- Recognize, reward, and publicize annually the best book written by a Latine junior scholar on theology and/or religion.
- Furnish faculty with the best and most current Latine book(s) to select required and recommended course texts.
- Nominations for the 2023 HTI Book Prize are open between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023;
- Book authors must Latine scholars who have not received tenure by the time nomination is submitted;
- Books must be in the areas of theology and/or religion;
- Only books published no later than one year preceding the nomination submission will be considered;
- Keeping in line with the purposes of the prize’s long-term goals, only works published in English will be considered;
- Scholars are allowed to nominate their manuscripts.