2020-21 Teaching and Learning Workshop for
Early Career Theological School Faculty
2020-21 Teaching and Learning Workshop for Early Career Theological School Faculty
The world of theological education is changing, and early career faculty have agency to craft its new futures. This workshop will imagine and cultivate creative and nimble pedagogies for embodied teaching and learning for the twenty-first century. The workshop will be an art studio for play with and through a variety of educational mediums to explore ecologies of knowledge in a holistic teaching life. Our time together will take seriously socially engaged theological education for the public sphere.
The workshop will gather 14 faculty members for a week in two successive summers at Wabash College, and a weekend winter gathering in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- 2-5 years of teaching in a tenure-track, contingency, or continuing position
- Teaching in an accredited seminary or theological school in the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada
- Doctoral degree completed by January 1, 2020
- Tenure decision (if applicable) no earlier than Spring 2021
- Institutional support to participate fully in sessions and to complete teaching fellowship project in following year.
Honorarium and Fellowship
Participants will receive an honorarium of $3,500 for full participation in the three workshop sessions, plus local expenses and travel. In addition, participants are eligible to apply for a $5,000 workshop fellowship for work on a teaching project during the following academic year (2021-22)
First Summer Session:
July 13-18, 2020, Online
January 28-February 1, 2021, Location TBD
July 5-10, 2021, Wabash College
For More Information, Please Contact:
Paul Myhre, Associate Director
301 West Wabash Ave.
Crawfordsville, IN 47933