Hispanic Theological Initiative (HTI) looks forward to welcoming the Open Plaza participants to Princeton, NJ. This event is by invitation only.
Reminder: As outlined in Dr. Hidalgo’s email to you, please bring your rough blog draft, 700-1,000 words. You can think of taking one idea, theme, or text you are working on, and then pick out something briefly relevant to the public (here you might think of some contributions to ON Scripture from Odyssey Networks.org; op-ed pieces are also good reference for what we are looking for).
Open Plaza evaluation will be available after July 11. Please complete the evaluation no later than Monday, July 15.
Registration is Open!
Please follow the outlined steps below to begin your registration. Please make all travel arrangements by June 12.
- If you are flying, please contact HTI’s travel agent, Sue Flaherty, at Graycar Travel 609-587-0306 or 1-800-755-5514. We ask that all participants arrive on campus by 2:30 pm on July 8th. To make the process quicker, you can e-mail Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions for your flights, the name on the ticket, date of birth, and any pertinent information. Please bear in mind that HTI would appreciate you finding the lowest fare with the fastest route to Newark International Airport. Once Sue confirms your flight, she will contact the HTI office to garner our approval and issue your ticket.
- Once your ticket is issued for air or train travel, please complete the registration form using the link below.
- For individuals who are driving please complete the registration form immediately.
On this site you will find logistical information with respect to ground transportation, check-in, housing, schedule, and other events. Please familiarize yourself with this information as well as the HTI Public Square Expense Guidelines. Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Check in and register Monday, July 8 by 3pm at HTI Office, Adams House at 12 Library Place.
Breakfast 8:30am-9:15am (Adams House Dining Room)
Lunch 11:30am-1:30pm (Mackay Campus Center Dining Hall Hours) Meal tickets will be provided
Dinner 6:00pm (Location TBA)
Please bring one nice outfit for a group picture. We will give you more information as to time and place when you arrive.
Library & Gym
Princeton Theological Seminary Library
The PTS Library Schedule is as follows:
Monday – Thursday 8 am – 9 pm
Friday 8 am – 6 pm
Saturday 9 am – 6 pm
Sunday – Closed
Whiteley Gym is located at the corner of Stockton and Hibben Streets. The gym has a court for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and table tennis, as well as a fitness center and racquetball court. Please let someone at the front desk of Erdman know that you wish to use the gym. They will provide you with a card.
Monday – Saturday: 8:00 a.m.–10:30 p.m.
Fitness Center: Opens at 6:00 a.m
Transportation & Expenses
All lodging, meal and travel expenses pertaining to this event will be paid by HTI. If you incur a meal expense at the airport due to a delay in travel, please ask for an itemized receipt and submit it to HTI for reimbursement. Ground transportation to and from origin airport will not be covered. As previously mentioned, we ask you to adhere to the Expense Guidelines in order to avoid misunderstandings, and to ensure timely reimbursements. Regarding cab fares, these will be reimbursed only in the event that your flight to Newark is delayed, and results in your arrival at Newark after 11:00 p.m. All participants should make arrangements to take public transportation to and from this event.
If your travel is delayed which requires that you have meals en route, we ask that you keep the itemized receipts and follow the Expense Guidelines to avoid misunderstandings when processing your reimbursement after the event.
- For more detailed transportation information see “Transportation Logistics from Newark International Airport“
- HTI Public Square Expense Guidelines
- HTI T-5 Reimbursement Form
Lodging will be at Erdman Center, 20 Library Place Princeton, NJ, on the Princeton Seminary Campus. Erdman Center is located diagonally across the campus Princeton Seminary Library and next door to HTI’s office in Adams House. If you arrive after 10PM, use the security phone located in the Erdman Center vestibule. The phone will automatically dial security and a guard will come to provide you with your room key and meal tickets for meals in the Mackay Campus Dining Hall.
Check out will be on Friday, July 12th.